Wednesday, January 07, 2009

East Asia Pacific team wins in Australia

While the Aussies and the Proteas battle it out on the last day of the Third Test, it is a rest day for the Australian Country Cricket Championships in South Australia. My interest there is my youngest son, Charlie, works for the ICC and coaches a team called the East Asia Pacific Team, combining members from Papua New Guinea, Japan and other nations in the area. I wouldn't mention it only they won yesterday! Here's a mini-report from head office:

The EAP team are currently competing in the Australian Country Cricket Championships in the Barossa Valley, South Australia. After being thumped in Round 1, the boys rallied to knock off South Australia thanks largely to a 4 wicket haul from Raymond Haoda Jnr and a thrilling century from Kila Pala, including 10 sixes!!!

END QUOTE

I only wish I had a photograph of Kila Pala and his mighty sixes to share with you. Charlie assures me they were classic shots and not huge swings - simply grace, timing and power.

No comments: