Monday, March 19, 2012

SIX WORD MEMOIRS


Inspired by the book Not Quite What I was Planning: Six Word Memoirs from Writers Famous and Obscure, edited by Penn alumni Larry Smith and Rachel Fershleiser, the Hub decided to write their own six-word stories.

Have your own six-word contribution? Email us! wh@writing.upenn.edu



Anticipation is not just about ketchup.
Amy Hostetter
Looking ahead. Looking back. No middle.
Gabe Oppenheim
I love being indoctrinated by you
Violette Carb
So many spaces, so few words.
Greg Djanikian
chocolate chip cookie endowment coming soon
Sarah Arkebauer
moved every year then came home.
Allison Harris
So, um, what's up with you?
Sam Donsky
Sometimes I have a good notion.
Al Filreis
I still dance to "Octopus's Garden."
Kristen Martin
I am looking for the (g)riot.
Greg Romero
Sounded much better in my head.
Chris Milione
ask me again in a month
Jessica Lowenthal
Striving to remain childLIKE not -ish
Mingo Reynolds
riverrun, Finnegans Wake unread too long the
Ryan Godfrey
Google knows me, therefore I am.
Chris Mustazza
What I didn't expect changed me.
Kathy Lou Schultz
The French: "1987--a bad vintage."
Max McKenna
Music tastes just as good as
Ben Epstein
It took longer than I thought.
Kerry Sherin Wright
These years writing about those ones.
Jamie-Lee Josselyn
Bastard child of (moon)light laughter. Ha!
Jerry Rudasill
Slightly awkward, clumsy, asks many questions
Tahneer Oksman
Sometimes "awkward" is a good thing.
Lindsey Rosin
possible. Wishing I could go back. Im
Lee Huttner
The experience was worth the risk.
Arielle Brousse
I can do it in five.
John Carroll
Some talent, big chip on shoulder
Sam Allingham
On second blush, it reads more
Kaegan Sparks
prone to confessions (of a variety)
Trisha Low
no rhyming. loose ends are more
Rivka Fogel
poetic attempts to win your favor
Michelle Newman
I made a choice about business.
Michelle Taransky
it was not right with you
Dorothea Lasky
love go up down stop forget
Seth Laracy
How to fit/function/be okay.
Emma Morgenstern
frequently "awkward" is a good thing
Lindsey Rosin
live and die by your words
Talia Stinson
I should have brought a GPS.
Karen Rile
Felled by dreams, saved by friends
Sylvie Beauvais
Eat. Shit. Fuck. Laugh. Cry. Die.
Peter Nichols
It's simpler than they tell you.
Josh Kruger
I came. I saw. I sat.
Eric Karlan
there's always something to laugh about.
Kirsten Thorpe
So many discards before sending this.
Moira Moody
This is my life right here.
Kristen Gallagher
Please do not sit on me.
Richard Lawrence
rarely lives up to her name.
Grace Ambrose
finding a way without being sorry.
Blair Borish
I stole codes reversed, ocelots. I!
Nick Montfort
At least friendships don't require visas
Janine Catalano
the hits just keep on coming
Erin Gautsche
i'm not so good at following rules
Adrian Khacthu
life's an itch I can't scratch
Caitlin Hennessy

No comments: