Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Anselm Hollo (1934-2013) RIP

Charles Bernstein writes in Jacket 2

Hollo and Bernstein in 2007


includes a section of The Empress Hotel Poems (1:30): MP3

Go through my things
god knows what you'll find. When I'm not here.
I'm not here, in this poem
I'm in another room, writing praises
of their loveliness and terror
the ones that dance through my mind
not endlessly, but to be one at one
with them
I want to be.
I want to be one,
I want her to be one
when the voice begins
she is, and she dances.
I am the voice. I praise
There is
no mind.



from Guests of Space

When you're feeling
about as
bad as your
average|

English translation
of Goethe you must
go see the
Parrot of Penance

and he will
say unto you
"Way around it?"
Way around it?

There's never been
any way around it."
 

 
from Braided River: New & Selected Poems 1965 -2003 Salt Publishing,
 
 
NOTE: Have a look here for more - and more links, too - http://ginsbergblog.blogspot.com.au/2012/04/anselm-hollo.html



No comments: