Thursday, March 21, 2013

When the Poems light-up ...


UWA poets' corner showcase makes use of the large digital sign on the corner of Mounts Bay Road and Hackett Drive, Perth.
 
This poetry initiative from The Cultural Precinct, with the help of Trove and the UWA Guild, is a place where poets can showcase very short works.

It displays poetry and supports poets to get their work ipublished in unusual spaces in more challenging ways.

If you are a poet interested in being involved, please email us your submissions for consideration, including 'Poets' Corner' in the email subject heading .

Poetry submissions can be made throughout the year on an ongoing basis. Submissions should consist of three lines only with 21 characters (including spaces) and a maximum total of 63 characters.

Below are some of the poems already being featured as part of this initiative.

Poets' Corner Poems

My cohort revealed
Surrogate scholars
Diving into trees
- Spencer Davis
Slither-moon, you
And the birds with
Mauve-orange skies
- Blair Hurley
I lie, I dream
I dream, I die
I try, it seems
- Brid Phillips
from weather and all
that answers, I lie
in admonishment
- Matthew Hall

No comments: